MISSION AND GOALS
The mission of the Institute for Biotechnology and Bioengineering (IBB) is to promote excellent quality research and development, advanced education and technology transfer, ensuring national and international competitiveness in the Biotechnology, Bioengineering, Biomaterials and Genetics domains for the benefit of the industrial, health, agricultural and environmental sectors. The specific goals are to:
1. Conduct excellent quality and competitive research in the domains of activity of IBB by establishing effective collaborations between scientists and engineers.
2. Focus on research programmes that address specific needs of the industrial, health, agricultural and environmental sectors.
3. Develop advanced educational (namely Doctoral) and training programmes.
4. Develop mutually beneficial relationships with industry, including joint research programmes and technology transfer.
5. Provide services and consulting in the domains of activity of IBB.
6. Ensure wide dissemination of intellectual discoveries to all audiences.
7. Ensure that Portugal has a leading position at international level in several of its most relevant R&D areas.